Description

...

Monday Movie: Happythankyoumoreplease

Posted on: Sunday, July 10, 2011

I'm not entirely sure why I decided to watch this movie in the first place. I guess I was mostly curious to see what else Ted (Josh Radnor) from How I Met Your Mother could do. Apparently a lot- he wrote, directed and starred in Happythankyoumoreplease (2011). I bet he's also the one who decided that the title shouldn't have spaces between the words (zing!). The movie starts out as a "guy has a bad day amid what seems to be a less than spectacular life and also an apparently homeless/familyless small child latches on to him on the subway" sort of movie. You know the type. I've seen reviews compare it to Garden State, describing it as "a small film about a group of twentysomethings at life's crossroads with an indie soundtrack." Aside from those few traits I don't think it was especially similar. Seven characters share the lead (sort of); the movie goes into their individual/couple story lines. Relationships, friends, life, troubles, New York. It's a more-romantic-than-not, sorta serious comedy. A fun surprise was discovering that Tony Hale (of Arrested Development fame) was in the film. I liked the movie, it was sweet. The characters, though somewhat familiar in the romcom genre, still brought something new. It had a lot of "movie" lines, though, things people say that just sound like they belong in/came from a movie ("You're a mess!" "What, you don't need a project?" "I'm a mess too, trust me." "So let's...let's clean each other up" and "You're a good man Sam Wexler. Go get yourself loved."). Ted did a good job for a first attempt. 


- From the desk of Mrs. Sarah McPherson

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

from the desk All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger