Description

...

The River Walk

Posted on: Monday, November 12, 2012


My favorite part of our day in San Antonio was the River Walk. I've had a thing for cities with busy rivers through town since living in Turku, Finland. I'd walk home and to town along the river all the time, and I loved it. The walk along the San Antonio River was really awesome, at any time of day. We spent a lot of time just wandering, and stopped for lunch at a place called Acenar for some tasty fajita time. Later in the day, when we got out of randomly seeing Wreck it Ralph, the sun had set and we took a river tour at night (which I highly recommend). I'm certain I was smiling the whole time. I would love to stay at one of the hotels right on the river and walk around in the morning. Of course that would require spending an exorbitant amount of money on a hotel room, but a girl can dream.
where we ate lunch
a theater across the river (apparently Miss Congeniality filmed here)

 The river loops right up to the mall (where we saw the movie); they've set up the big Christmas tree already


- From the desk of Mrs. M

2 comments:

  1. You really captured San Antonio beautifully! Our family just left there in August and these pictures reminds me of all the fun that we had :)

    Stopping by from Southern Girl Blogging Community to personally invite you over to join! Come check it out www.facebook.com/southerngirlbloggingcommunity

    Chene
    Owner:SGBC
    Blogger @ www.prototypemama.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

from the desk All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger