Description

...

Hobbit Day

Posted on: Saturday, December 15, 2012


Kyle and I are dorks, and as such, we (I) bought us tickets to a Saturday morning viewing of The Hobbit a week early (no way it would sell out, but still), and planned to go to Denny's before the film (they have that new "Hobbit-inspired" menu). The Denny's in town, however, was permanently closed on December 2nd, as we learned when we drove up, saw no cars there and read the sign on the door. So we went to IHOP instead, then sent some Christmas gifts off, and then arrived at the theater, nice and early. This was our first time at the new theater in Belton, and it is way, way better than the one at the Temple mall (that smells of urine in the hall and has screens too small for the movies they project). This theater has a full cafe with Starbucks beverages; the special of the week is tilapia. But anyway, the movie was really good. The music was perfect, as always, and I don't think the movie dragged at all, which I'd been hearing. I won't say any more for those who haven't seen the film and wish to, but I thoroughly enjoyed it.

In light of recent events, this quote from the movie spoke loudly to me. 
The full quote I believe is: "Saruman believes it is only great power that can hold evil in check, but that is not what I have found. I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay. Small acts of kindness and love. Why Bilbo Baggins? Perhaps because I am afraid, and he gives me courage."

- From the desk of Mrs. M

1 comments:

  1. I saw this on Friday night- and LOVED it! I am also a huge nerd and bought the tickets early, just in case! I am so jealous of the Hobbit menu!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

from the desk All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger