Description

...

Spring Break in Boston: Day Four Part I

Posted on: Thursday, March 14, 2013


My last day in Boston! I split this post into two because I wandered around a lot and took a lot of photos of the following:
Old State House & Site of the Boston Massacre in 1770
Sam LaGrassa's for lunch
Boston Common
Newbury Street (some more)
the Thinking Cup
Public Gardens
Trek to Paul Revere's House
Faneuil Hall and downtown
Granary Burying Ground
Bar Lola with Emma and Allie
Pho with Erica in Chinatown

My last day was a pretty great one. The rain passed and it was sunny and bright. Erica had work all day, so I went into town myself and met up with Emma after poking around the Old State House and the site of the 1770 Boston Massacre (I got to wander fo' free in the museum with my military ID!).

Emma and I then headed toward Sam LaGrassa's to get lunch, and on the way we came upon another Irish famine memorial, which, as you can see, Emma is all about.

And then, lunch. Erica, her roommate, and Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives recommended Sam La Grassa's. I got the chipotle pastrami, something I would probably not ever choose on my own, but it came highly recommended. And it was wonderful, of course. Emma and I ate at Boston Commons in the sunshine.

We sat by the fountain, with a view of the State Building and chains of children on parade.
I got real close to a sleeping homeless man to take this photo. 

There are just monuments and statues all over the place.This one has the Declaration of Independence.

Since the sandwich was so huge and Emma had class to go to, I walked to Newbury Street to surprise Erica with the second half of my sandwich. Apparently when I came in she was explaining to a homeless lady why she couldn't "donate" two dozen cupcakes to her.

I then walked back through the park (see the blog tomorrow) and stopped in at another recommended stop, the Thinking Cup, for a chai and some postcard writing time. I didn't stay long, because it was busy and I wanted to be out and about, but it seemed to be a fun, happening place (I also discovered another one in the North End).

Look for Part II tomorrow! I made it home safe and sound; I'll miss being in Boston, but it doesn't get much better than being home with Kyle and the cats. 

- From the desk of Mrs. M

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

from the desk All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger