Description

...

Family

Posted on: Wednesday, January 8, 2014


How do you define family? Who do you consider to be a part of your family? This topic came up a little while ago during deployment that Kyle and I have different views of what our family is. I don't consider his family to be my family; they are his family. I don't think that just because he and I got married that that makes his family my family. I think it would be cheapening the meaning and value of the word to call his family my family. That is not to say that I will never consider them family, or that they're not important to me, but I'm not going to say they are my family just because Kyle and I are married. Family is or should be more than that. I know I might sound mean saying this, but I don't intend it to be taken that way, it's just my view. Kyle was surprised by this and I think a bit hurt, but it is what it is. I think that he believes family is a choice, and that I could chose to consider them family, and the rest will follow. Maybe I will make that choice some day, but that's not how I believe family works right now, for me.

What are your thoughts on family?

- S

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

from the desk All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger